The Silence Stages

Since 2005 I have been visiting more than 430 ancient greek and roman theatres around 18 countries, taking photographs and information. These blog is dedicated to all that experience.



Desde 2005 he visitado más de 430 teatros y odeones, griegos y romanos en 18 países, tomando fotografías y recopilando información. Este blog está dedicado a toda esta experiencia.



Saturday 1 January 2011

The Silence Stages

There is a secret before the play, when the actor is on stage in front of an emprty theatre in darkness. No crowd, only the actor and the silence. It´s like a ritual in which you can feel the secret of silence, all the good it has.


This blog is a collection of silences, of empty ancient theatres. A brief tribute to internet... thanks for all the information I have got in these years, it was and is so necesary for my travels... i will try to give what I got.






Existe un secreto antes de la función, cuando el actor se encuentra sólo frente a un auditorio vacío, en la oscuridad. No hay público, tan sólo el actor y el silencio. Se trata de un pequeño ritual en el que se percibe la gravedad del silencio.

Desde 2005 he viajado por 16 países coleccionando los silencios de más de 350 teatros y odeones griegos y romanos, es lo que yo llamo "Los Escenarios del Silencio". Esta experiencia integra mis tres pasiones: el teatro, la arqueología y el coleccionismo de silencios gratos.

Este blog es una colección de silencios, de antiguos teatros hoy vacíos. Es también un tributo a internet... de alguna forma agradezco toda la información que me ha dado en estos años... devuelvo lo que tomé, con otra perspectiva, con otro enriquecimiento.

Since 2005 I have been looking for silences in empty greek and roman theatres. That experience is what I call “The Silence Stages”. 16 countries and more than 350 ancient roman and greek theatres visited. In my travels I mix my three passions: theatre, archaeology and my silences collection.


1 comment:

  1. Gracias Alejandro por estas imágenes. A ver si nos vemos por Nertobriga Concordia Iulia. Sana envidia te tengo! Lo dicho, compañero, se te espera por aquí. Un saludo

    ReplyDelete