The Silence Stages

Since 2005 I have been visiting more than 430 ancient greek and roman theatres around 18 countries, taking photographs and information. These blog is dedicated to all that experience.



Desde 2005 he visitado más de 430 teatros y odeones, griegos y romanos en 18 países, tomando fotografías y recopilando información. Este blog está dedicado a toda esta experiencia.



Wednesday 25 January 2012

Lanuvium (Lanuvio)

LANUVIUM (Lanuvio), ancient Regio I, modern Italy.

COORDINATES: 41º40’31.48’’N // 12º41’50.92’’E
TIPOLOGY: Roman theatre. Not urban.
DATE: Probably I A.D.
TRANSFORMATIONS: Restored in II A.D.
CAPACITY:
CAVEA: Facing north-west. 53,8 m. diameter.  Upper cavea built on radial walls.
ORCHESTRA:
STAGE BUILDING: Proscaenium was 1 m. high, pulpitum 32,7x8-9m. Basilicas 6 m. wide
LOCATION: North corner of medieval fortifications.
MY BEDSIDE TABLE: Tosi, Giovana; “Gli edificio per spettacoli nell’Italia romana”. Roma, Quasar, 2003. // Sear, Frank; “Roman theatres: an architectural study”. Oxford University Press, 2006. // Ciancio Rossetto, Paola; Giuseppina Pisani Sartorio (eds); “Teatri Greci e Romani: alle origini del linguaggio rappresentato”. Rome: SEAT, 1995.


OUT OF PRINT: The ancient theatre remains are under medieval and modern buildings. You have to go inside the hall of the nearby flats to see some walling and parts of the aditus maximi. When I was trying to see something in my private investigation, one man invites me to go into his home, I hardly understood his Italian; he took me to his sitting room and showed me some stone walls from the roman theatre that were the walls of his home, he took me to another part of the house, and i never thought I was going to see what I did... in another room, behind a door, the man took away some books and filing, and suddenly appeared... there was some stone steps of the theatre... can you imagine it, rows of seats from a roman theatre inside your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment